August 5, 2021, Saitama, Japan - Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of a second generation fast-aperture standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirror less cameras, 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 (Model A063).
28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 (Model A063)
For Sony E-mount (35mm full-frame)
|Planned within 2021|
The 28-75mm F2.8 G2 is the successor of the 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036), a popular zoom lens that has earned high evaluation worldwide. It reflects the fruits of continuous evolution and customer-focused refinement. Retaining the well-received compact size of its predecessor, the new 28-75mmF2.8 G2incorporates a new optical construction based one design that has been revamped to enhance imaging performance and its features are compatible with the latest model digital cameras that offer increased resolution. The AF drive, TAMRON’s VXD (Voice-coil extreme-torque Drive) linear
Motor focus mechanism, is adopted to deliver higher autofocus speed with greater precision. With the MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 0.18m (7.1 in) at the wide end and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.7, the lens boasts advanced close-up shooting performance. Additionally, it features a new design in the pursuit of enhanced operability and ergonomic texture.
This lens supports the full array of frequently used angles-of-view including wide-angle, standard, medium telephoto and telephoto, making it easy to compose the perfect shot without changing your position from the subject.
TAMRON pioneered the category of compact fast-aperture standard zoom lenses for mirror less cameras and the new 28-75mm F2.8 G2 truly is a next-generation lens for everyday use.
This lens is compatible with the new ‘TAMRON Lens Utility’ software originally and uniquely developed by TAMRON. TAMRON Lens Utility can be operated via your own computer by connecting the lens from its Connector Port via the optional TAMRON Connection Cable . Users can customize the functions and update the firmware through the lens rather than through the camera. The personal customization gives flexible shooting options to match the shooting situation such as still photography or videographer.
• Focus Set Button settings
- A-B Focus: Set 2 focus positions (A and B) and make the focus automatically shift between A and B
- Focus Preset: Set your desired focus position and move the focus to the recorded point by a click
- Select AF/MF: Select AF and MF function using the Focus Set Button
- Switch Focus Ring Function (Focus/Aperture): Switch Focus Ring Function from focus adjustment to aperture adjustment
- Assign function from the camera: Assign custom functions from the camera body to the Focus Set Button
• Focus Ring settings
- MF Ring Rotation: Change the rotation direction of the focus ring
- MF Method: Choose the method of focus operation when using the focus ring
• Firmware update
1. Best image quality in standard zoom lens class
2. Fast, quiet VXD linear motor for high-speed and high-precision autofocus
3. MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 0.18m (7.1 in) at wide end and maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.7 for creative close-ups
4. New design provides enhanced texture and greater user-friendliness
5. Lightweight, compact design with emphasis on ease of use, plus 67mm filter size