Tamron Co., Ltd.
External design completely revamped and Fluorine Coating now applied
improved AF speed and responsiveness,
with VC system achieving image stabilization performance level of 4.0 stops
SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD (Model A030)
February 3, 2017, Saitama, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the launch of a new telephoto zoom lens product, the SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD (Model A030) (hereinafter called “Model A030”), for 35mm full-frame DSLR cameras. Model A030 was developed by substantially enhancing the features of the popular SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD (Model A005) (hereinafter called “Model A005”), which has enjoyed high acclaim since its launch in 2010 as a telephoto zoom lens with outstanding performance. With the external design completely revamped, a Fluorine Coating with outstanding durability is applied to the front element surface of the lens. Improvements have also been achieved in AF speed and responsiveness and VC (Vibration Compensation) functions. Model A030 will be sold only in the Japanese market.
SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD
|Date of Launch (in Japan)|
February 23rd, 2017
The Canon and Nikon mount models will be launched simultaneously.
※Model A030 is not compatible with either the Tamron TELE CONVERTER 1.4x (Model TC-X14) or Tamron TELE CONVERTER 2.0x (Model TC-X20), which are optional accessories. It is also not compatible with the optional TAMRON TAP-in ConsoleTM that enables a lens’s firmware to be updated and features to be customized.
- Improvements in AF speed and responsiveness
- Improvements in the control circuit and AF algorithm of the previous Model A005 have enhanced both focusing speed and accuracy, which enables a moment to be captured without letting the photo opportunity slip away, and which makes the A030 a suitable lens for photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Improved VC functions
- Improving Tamron’s unique VC (Vibration Compensation) functions has improved the responsiveness of the VC lens elements, and Model A030 achieves a higher image stabilization performance level of 4.0 stops according to the Camera & Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standard.
- External design renovated
- The zoom ring and focus ring using linear-based grid patterns and the brand ring in tungsten silver create an external design with a high-grade feel.
- Equipped with Fluorine Coating to improve user-friendliness for the lens
- The front surface of the lens element is coated with a protective fluorine compound that is water- and oil-repellant. The lens surface is easier to wipe clean and is less vulnerable to the damaging effects of dirt, dust, moisture and fingerprints.
|Angle of View (diagonal)||34°21' - 8°15'|
|Optical Construction||17 elements in 12 groups|
|Minimum Object Distance||1.5m (59.1 in)|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||1:4 (f=300mm : MOD 1.5m)|
|Length*||142.7mm (5.6 in)**|
|Weight||765g (26.9 oz)**|
|Aperture Blades||9 (circular diaphragm)|
|Image Stabilization Performance||4.0stops (CIPA Standards Compliant)
(For Canon : EOS-5D MKIII is used / For Nikon : D810 is used)
|Standard Accessories||Lens hood, Lens caps|
|Compatible Mounts||Canon, Nikon|
- * Length is the distance from the front tip of the lens to the lens mount face.
- * Length and weight are based on figures for the Nikon mount model.
- Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.