July 21, 2021, Saitama, Japan - Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development ofits first lens for FUJIFILM X-mount and Sony E-mount cameras simultaneously.
Since the launch of the 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036), a fast-aperture standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras in 2018, TAMRON has continually expanded its line of lenses for Sony mirrorless cameras. The popularity and wide adoption of these lenses prompted many user requests for the manufacture of the lens for other camera brands.
As a specialist in the all-in-one zoom lens category, TAMRON recognized the potential to develop the first all-in-one zoom lens for the FUJIFILM X-mount.The 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD (Model B061) is the world's first1 all-in-one zoom lens for Sony and FUJIFILM APS-C mirrorless cameras featuringa 16.6x zoom ratio. To provide the pleasure of photography to more people around the world, TAMRON will continue to develop unique products and expand the number of lenses compatible with more camera brands.
For Sony E-mount
For FUJIFILM X-mount
||DATE OF LAUNCH
18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III-AVC VXD (Model B061)
For Sony E-mount /FUJIFILM X-mount
Planned within 2021
- Among interchangeable zoom lenses for APS-C mirrorless cameras (As of June, 2021: TAMRON)
- Di III-A: For APS-C format mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras
- Due to the current global health crisis, the release date or product supply schedule could change.
Overview of the 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD (Model B061) features
The 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 covers a wide zoom range from approximately 27mm to 450mm (full-frame equivalent focal length). The first APS-C mirrorless camera zoom lens in the world with a 16.6x zoom ratio, the lens delivers the benefits of a versatile all-in-one zoom lens ideal for a broad array of photographic possibilities. Its AF drive system uses TAMRON’slinear motor focus mechanism VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) for superior quietness and agile performance; andthe lens includes special lens elements arranged precisely to maintain high resolution performance from edge-to-edge and provide high image quality that is among the best of all all-in-one zoom lenses.
With an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 0.15m (5.9 in) at the wide end and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2, this lens performs astonishingly well in its categorywhen shooting up close. It is equipped with TAMRON's proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism that supports stablephotography even at ultra-telephoto focal lengths. And it features a unified 67mm filter size, the same as other TAMRON lenses for mirrorless cameras.
1. The world’s first 16.6x all-in-one zoom.
2. Extremely fast and precice AF, VXD linear motor focus mechanism, the highest-level in its class.
3. MOD: 0.15m (5.9 in), maximum magnifiation ratio: 1:2 at 18mm wideend.
4. The best image quality in its class.
5. Outstanding VC.
6. Comfortably compact.
7. User-friendly features (Moisture-Resistant Construction, Fluorine Coating, Zoom Lock switch).
* Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.