Dear users and potential purchasers of Tamron interchangeable lenses.
Thank you for using Tamron products.
We wish to notify you that we will perform updating of the firmware for our SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO1:1 VC USD (Model F017) for Canon.
SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD (Model F017) for Canon
Firmware update will not be required for those serial numbers.
Please check the serial numbers from the link here.
■The improvements expected as a result
1. When used in combination with the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, behavior where the camera takes several seconds to start up when first switched on after mounting the lens has been improved.
2. When used in combination with the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, behavior where power consumption was high with the lens mounted and where the camera’s battery charge would continue to drain even when the camera was switched off and stowed with the lenses mounted has been improved.
■How to update the firmware
1. The firmware can be updated using the TAP-in Console (sold separately.)
Using the TAP-in-Console accessory, which is sold separately, customers can update the firmware themselves.
- Check here for TAP-in Console product information.
- Information (online help) on the steps to follow when updating firmware with the TAP-in Console can be found here.
2. For those who require firmware update service, please contact your local Tamron distributor for more details.